This listing is for one floatation cell.
Optimised for self-build, DIY houseboat projects, our floats differ from the industry standards by;
- The rectangular shape is significantly superior to competing cylindrical options due to the inherent stability that comes with a vertical ‘chine’, relative buoyancy profile, and compression strength (particularly for launching and in beaching scenarios)
- The moulded shoulder channel is designed to accept 100 x 50mm RHS mild steel box (about £6/m at 3mm wall thickness). With only basic fabrication skills and without the requirement of carnage or a slipway, a modular raft can be built and launched with minimal fuss; ready to accept your choice of cabin structure
- The steel-to-steel framing method (rather than plastic-to-plastic) allows for formations of floats that suit your use case. Catamaran, trimaran, quadmaran and beyond; moorings, decks, docks, jetties, industrial/party rafts, etc. etc.
- Made from 6mm thick, rotationally moulded, HDPE (high density linear polyethylene rather than MDPE or LDPE) there is no requirement to foam fill. Meaning the full 1,000kg of displacement can be used and (we recommend budgeting for 600kg for a healthy freeboard) and SIGNIFICANT cost saved.
- The 1,000kg of potential buoyancy is more than any other market option, you will require less of our floats than competing options
Contact us for free design consultation, 3D CAD models of your design, framing and cabin options, and to order. A four-week lead time may apply dependent on stock levels.
|Vessel type:||Houseboat floats|
|Designer:||Floats and Frames Ltd.|
|Builder:||Floats and Frames Ltd.|
|Length over all:||2.44m|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.